Sunday, April 22, 2007

Peace is Attainable

The past week has been just exhilirating. I did something I had never done before and that was to sing a solo in a play and to play a supporting role in that play. It turned out so well. I was worried that I would forget my words but before I went on I had the most peaceful feeling and every word came out right. There were a few times I thought, "ahhh I can't remember the next line", and then the words would just come out of my mouth. My prayer to my Heavenly Father went something like this, " please bless my memory. I know that mine is not perfect but yours is and with thee all things are possible"
As we actively seek peace and ask for it, it seems to pour into our lives. At least, that is what I am finding out since I began this journey. One of the viewers of this blog gave me a quote that basically says that when we are in harmony with our highest priorities and doing what God would have us do that is when peace is felt in abundance. I know this to be true as I experienced it this week. Peace is Attainable. Now, how to keep in harmony with what God would have me be doing on a consistent basis. That will be the key.
Kari

2 comments:

stacy nicol said...

Kari, that's wonderful! I wish I was there to see you 'in lights'. I am reminded by your post how important a relationship with Father is inorder to have inner peace. It ties in with a talk I heard on Sunday...if you are curious at all ask Cary Oler if you can have a copy of it...You won't be disappointed.
Stacy

Kristina said...

Norma told me that you did an absolutely wonderful job! Way to go - still with all the times I've had to "perform" in front of people (including when I instruct fitness) I still ask the Lord to bless me. I find the peace that comes from those answered prayers fuels my confidence. You are a wonderful writer too. I love you very much sister and have always looked up to you!