Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Feeling Overwhelmed-The Story of My Life

I am feeling overwhelmed. Like a crazy person I said yes to yet another project that is causing me stress and anxiety. I am involved in a play for our Stake Relief Society Spring Social. My part is not huge but I do have to sing a whole song by myself and try to remember everything I have to say. The director said no papers for tomorrow. Does she have any idea how my brain works? I realize there is only a week until performance but that paper is my security blanket. How can I pull it off?
So, as I examine this dilemma with my goal of peace in mind what can I do to achieve the peace I so desperately seek? Pray!! Good answer. I know that with God's help I can do all things. The Stake Relief Society President said she felt inspired to call me and ask me to do this. So, I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded for I know he giveth no commandment save he will provide a way for me to do it. So I will press forward and rely on His memory which is perfect. Peace be still and know that I am God.

1 comment:

Redneckliber said...

Kari,
You are so incredibly great. I know Fred says if he walks around the room while repeating his lines it works better for him.
Good Luck,
Peg