Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Friends

I am up late and a bit worried, as I have two friends picking me up in less than six hours to go jogging. I tried to be asleep two hours ago but found that I was feeling too anxious to sleep. I am now feeling very calm and after I finish this post I will crawl into my cozy bed and get some needed shut eye.

Why do I feel calm now? I just finished reading the blogs of two of my very best friends. Their words rang true to my soul and helped me settle my mind and body.

I am finding out what true friends are. Amazing how wonderful it can be to have true friends. This is a fairly new experience for me and I am beginning to realize that on my journey to peace good friends are required companions. I would like to describe what I feel a true friend is.

A true friend knows your flaws and loves you anyway. They trust that you are the expert in your own home and of your own body and support you in your decisions in those areas. They encourage you when you are down, laugh with you, and try to understand your point of view even if they don't entirely agree with you. They support your goals of being a good mother and wife. They have similar values and help you see where you could improve on living these values just by the way they live their own life.

I have been blessed with so many true friends and I am very grateful to my Heavenly Father for them.

So note to self: True Friends = Peace.

Karina

1 comment:

stacy nicol said...

I love your definition of a true friend and I am grateful to have a friend like you - one who fits that definition so well!

I wish you all the discernment and comfort you need as you deal with this anxiety. You are in my prayers always. I can imagine things have been so stressful for you with the new addition to your family (she is such a happy girl and looks like she is adjusting well to her new family). Be gentle with yourself dear friend. You are doing an amazing job!

Stacy